Generating more leads is the name of the game. Creating effective and impactful demand generation tactics that are part of a larger strategy is a crucial part of your overall marketing plan.
Today we are going to run through 25 demand generation tactics that all in some way relate to content creation. Because, engaging and informative high quality content is the secret to creating demand for your product. If people don’t know about your business, products and offerings, there is no way to generate demand for them. In no particular order, here are 25 demand generation tactics you should consider testing with your audience if you haven’t already:
Demand Generation Tactics
- Product Comparison – What makes you stand out among your competitors? Price? Quality? Results? Be clear and straightforward.
- Direct Mail -Snail mail still works, infact, targeted B2B direct mail has a response rate of 4.4%, while email’s rate is only .12%
- Networking – Get face time with your audience. Promote your product, share information, build and nurture relationships.
- Blog – Consistently write and share your blog. B2B marketers that use blogs receive 67% more leads than those that do not.
- Ebook- Provide valuable information to your customers that shows you are the expert in your field.
- Case Study – Provide real examples of implementation and success stories that demonstrate how your business positively impacts other businesses’ bottom line.
- Social Media Engagement – (Twitter, LinkedIn) Actively engage on social media networks. Post, comment, share, and respond to prospects in a timely fashion.
- Social Media Promotion- Design and place ads that promote your business to well defined targeted audiences.
- Videos – Create engaging videos. Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
- SEO Keyword Research– Invest the time upfront to identify keywords that will rank well and use them appropriately on web pages, blogs, articles etc.
- App – Create an app that makes life easier for your customer.
- Interactive tools – Items like interactive calculators can be an effective way of demonstrating how a client can avert risks by using your product.
- Webinars– Show your prospects what you do. Talk to them live and demonstrate why you are the expert and how you can help make their job easier.
- Partnerships – Partner with complementary organizations to cross promote content that your audience will find valuable.
- Managed Placement Ad Campaigns – Create and place your ads on websites that you know your customers are visiting.
- Emails – Create targeted email campaigns that speak to a customer as they move through the buyer’s journey.
- White papers– Top content that B2B buyers are most likely to share with colleagues: White papers are most popular at 79%.
- Lead Scoring – Implement a system that ranks incoming leads so more time can be spent on those that are most likely to convert.
- Podcasts – Connect with your audience and community. Different people communicate differently, which is why it is important to incorporate different ways of distributing your message.
- Conferences – Attend and/or speak at conferences within your field. By regularly being seen and heard at speaking engagements, you are taking steps toward being recognized as a leader in your field.
- Trade Shows – 81% of trade show attendees have buying authority. These are the the decision makers you want to get to know and forge relationships with.
- Live Stream Demos – People love to see products in action. A live demo can allow you to show how easy or impactful your product or services can be.
- Infographics – Eye catching infographics are a great way to catch prospects attention and visually show your content.
- Mobile Content – Make sure all content is responsive and can be viewed on all devices, especially mobile phones for customers who are always on the go.
- Surveys – Never forget to ask how you are doing. Send surveys about the helpfulness of your content, and ask what type of information they would like you to provide in the future.
So there you have it, 25 of the most popular demand generation tactics. Did you know that on average, B2B Marketers use 13 content marketing tactics? Which tactics has your business found to be most beneficial producing the greatest ROI? Comment and let us know. If you need help creating demand for your product or services, we can help you. Contact us and let’s get the conversation started.
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.netTags: best practices, demand generation, marketing automation, marketing tactics