It’s that time of year again! Marketers are putting pen to paper, deciding how to meet aggressive goals next year. You’re likely considering whether adding tools to your marketing tech stack will bring the additional oomph your strategies need.
Before investing hours in taking multiple calls from technology vendors, take stock of where you are and whether your current tools can be optimized to better achieve your goals.
Ask these questions before deciding to add to your marketing tech stack
1) Regardless of what tools you have, what are the concrete goals you want to achieve and how will you measure them?
2) Are you capturing all leads and where they come from?
3) What three things would make a significant difference in generating leads and converting them into prospects?
4) Do you have a systematic lead management process? Are leads getting to sales, and are they following up?
5) Is your challenge generating enough leads, or qualifying the ones you get?
6) Do you already have the right technology, but it does not solve the issues listed above?
7) Is the new technology going to fix the problems you’ve identified, or is there an underlying process or a culture within the organization that stands in the way?
Many marketers find it surprising that they need to improve their current marketing tech stack before adding on to it. There are even tools you can use to track your technology stack! You’ll thank yourself for going through this quick exercise to determine what your needs are and what is causing your challenges. You’ll then be able to make informed decisions about whether further investments in a technological solution is the best approach.
Not certain how to evaluate your technology? Please message me and we can discuss what might be best in your unique situation.